Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stuff I'm doing in Travel portfolio


My art supplies still aren't here!  Such a bummer!  I was really looking forward to continue practicing the technique that I started learning last quarter.  It's a variation of CF Payne's technique.  
This has absolutely nothing
to do with anything other than
my professor  had it today in class
and I found it hilarious.
"Sugar Daddy"
1. Color pencils are used to do an under drawing.  Nothing too rendered but basic lights and darks.
2. Spray fixative is applied to prevent the pencil from smudging
3. A mixture of matte media and water are applied over the pencil to keep the lines fresh and seal the color pencil.
4. LET DRY- Very important otherwise everything will get all messed up.  Dry time is critical.
5. Thin acrylic washes are applied to give base colors in areas- like flesh tone.
6. Watercolor is applied and rendered like a finish piece.
7. Color pencils are used to render the picture even further.
8. Mineral sprites are applied.  They have such an interesting reaction to the watercolor that's hard to describe.  It really makes a difference.
9. Go back into the piece and bring out the details with acrylic washes and colored pencils.

Sooooo... I guess that will have to wait and I'll post examples in a later post when my supplies actually get here.  


But any who, for my travel portfolio class, in lack of my supplies, I was able to focus on my watercolor techniques.  I haven't ever really worked with just water color before (successfully) and I was quite pleased on how the water turned out.  This isn't really the best picture of it, so I'll try to upload a better one later.

No comments:

Post a Comment