Thursday, February 16, 2012

Paris- Day 3- Notre Dame

View from top of Notre Dame
Notre Dame
The Grand Bell- Emmanuel 
Today has probably been the best day I've had so far since coming to France.  I got out of a really bad situation, I got to see Notre Dame (one of the most beautiful churches on earth) I got to hang out with friends, and best of all: I got to talk to Ken for close to an hour!
Notre Dame de Paris.  I have always wanted to visit it since I was a little kid and saw Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame."  This church is just so gorgeous!  If anyone is planing on going to Paris, it should definitely be on the top of your list!  I was just in total awe upon seeing it.  I went with our class to see it the first time, then I went back to see it again later that day because I just couldn't get enough of it.  I love stain glass so much and it really has a heavy influence on my drawing style.  The windows were so colorful and I just wish I could go back there right now!
Inside Notre Dame
We were lucky enough to be able to go up in the bell towers and see the Grand Bell Emmanuel and such a gorgeous view of Paris.  Some people in our group couldn't contain themselves from singing songs from "The Hunchback Of Notre Dame" or even from the musical "Le Miserable" a few even were whispering "Sanctuary!" We really had a great time there.  I literally spent all day there and was so sad to leave.  If I ever get to go back to Paris (I will make sure I will!) This will be one of the first places I will go again.
View from Notre Dame




No comments:

Post a Comment