Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pairs Day 5- Pont des Arts Bridge, Getting lost, going back to Lacoste and an amazing Discovery!











Last day in Paris!  So much to do and not enough time to do it all!

I went out on my own today to explore.  The very first thing I did was go to the Pont des Arts bridge.  This bridge is considered the most romantic place in Paris and couples from all over the world come here to place what are called love locks on it.  Before Ken left, we made a love lock together for me to put on the bridge when I got to Paris.  The tradition is that when two people write their names on a lock and lock it to the bridge, they take the key and throw it into the Sein river and the only way that their love can ever be broken is if one of them can find their key and unlock their lock from the bridge.  A nice lady from Miami was nice enough to video tape me putting our lock on the bridge so I can send it to Ken.  I was so happy that she did that!  
Our lock <3




Palace of Justice
After the bridge I just wandered the city looking at things.  At one point I even got followed!  I realized this after I went around a block in a circle and he was still following me.  He was so surprised when I turned around and asked him if he wanted to die!  I may not look that dangerous, but I do know a lot of martial arts and I can definitely hold my own in a fight if it came down to that.  I got to see a lot of Paris that way and I'm glad I did that, although I would have loved to have some company as well.
Saint Jacque 

Guy playing accordion 

I finally made it to the train station after my walk of Paris.  The amazing thing that I just found out was that one of the other girls here and I are actually related!  We were talking and found out that we are cousins related through my great grandfather!  I think that that is amazing!  Going all the way to France to find family from the states.  I am so happy about this and I can't wait to get to know my new Cousin Perry better.  She is quite awesome.
Me and My New Cousin Perry

Notre Dame

No comments:

Post a Comment