Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Paris- Day 1 Arrival



Waiting at the Train Station


Gard d'Lyon
Gard d'Lyon
Today we arrived in the city of love... on Valentines day... I got to ride the train for the very first time!  It was so much fun and unlike the trains in the US, the trains over in Europe go extremely fast!!!!
Streets of Paris
In about 3 hours we traveled all the way from Avignon to Paris.  We arrived at Gard d'Lyon which is one of the main stations there.  The architecture was so beautiful!  The clock tower really reminded me of Big Ben in London.  We walked about 30 minuets from the station to our hotel. It really was a hike! Along the way we saw such beautiful things.  My favorite was that of a statue of a lady and a child that was located along the Sein.  I wish I knew what it was called!  Hopefully I can look it up.  
My day was made though when I was able to send Ken a video message for Valentines day.  Since he's been gone, neither of us have been able to see each other or hear each others voices so I was really happy that he could hear my voice on such a special day.  I even was able to facebook message him!  Hopefully I'll be able to hear his voice soon and see his face.
Everyone keeps telling me that Paris is a night city.  I'm not sure how I feel about that: I generally don't go out at night.  Hopefully I'll find a group of people to go do things with.  I probably should head to bed soon because tomorrow is going to be a busy day.  We are going to the Louvre and the Mussé d'Orsay.  So excited!!!
 
Such a beautiful Statue!

No comments:

Post a Comment