Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Paris- Day 2- The Louvre and The Musée d'Orsay




Such. A. Bad. Migraine. That's all that was going through my head a majority of today.  We walked from our hotel this morning to the Louvre which felt like forever.
I got to see the egyptian exhibit which was HUGE!  There was so much to see.  I love egyptian art.  I'm so glad that I took pictures because, since I had a migraine, I don't really remember much of what happend today other than memories thorough the pictures.
While at the museum a security alarm came on telling us to find the nearest exit until "the situation" was under control.  We started to panic a little because although we were following the exit signs we were nowhere near any exit and we were going in circles... then we realized that we were the only ones worried about the announcement... we found a security guard and he told us that it was just an every day drill and nothing to worry about.  Boy did we feel silly!
My favorite part of the Louvre was seeing the mummies and the beautiful colors that the ancient egyptians were able to create.  They were so rich and vibrant!

At the Musée d'Orsay we saw lots of paintings that I had learned about in my art history classes.  It was so cool to see all of them in person!  My favorite was the Van Goghs.  I have always loved his work since I first learned about him in elementary school and I have always wanted to see his work in person.  They were so much more beautiful in person.  I am so grateful I had that opportunity.  While the artwork was beautiful and all, what I found so unexceptionably beautiful was the giant silhouette of the clock tower on the top on the museum.  I'm so glad I was able to quickly snap this picture because we aren't really supposed to be taking pictures inside of this museum.


No comments:

Post a Comment