Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Things I'm selling at the Vernassage

At the end of our quarter, all the students show off their work that they have done the quarter in an art show called the Vernassage.

Currently I am in a mass panic, along with the rest of the campus, trying to get ready for it.
"It'll Be Ok"
 Lino Cut and Paper collage


For this piece I was inspired by the total gloom of everyone during our finals.  Everywhere I looked people were having complete breakdowns.  I've never seen so many people this stressed out over finals before.  I was one of them as well.  Every time I started stressing out my friends would tell me that It'll be ok, we'll get though this.  Everyone here supported each other no matter how stressed out they were themselves.  It seemed to be a stress reliever to everyone to help each other.
"You'll Be In My Heart"
Lino Cut and Watercolor
I originally created this piece for Ken for Valentines day... but I made the mistake of leaving it out on the drying rack in the print room and my professor saw it and insisted I make more prints for Vernassage...  The faces in the hair are the silhouettes of Ken and me.




 My Paris map.  I was inspired by our class trip to Paris

"My Little Friend"
Lino Cut
I was inspired for this piece while driving through the provincial country side and seeing all the horse out in the pasture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment